We've been obsessed with pistachio ice cream but couldn't find one with baklava so we decided to take matters into our own hands and create this delicious and creamy baklava ice cream.
TIME TO PREPARE
1/2 cup whole milk
1.5 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup raw, shelled pistachios
1.5 pieces of Oea pistachio baklava
(optional)1/2 teaspoon pistachio extract
1. In a mixing bowl, add the milk and sugar and mix for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves
2. Add heavy whipping cream and mix
3. Add pistachio extract (optional)
3. Add mixture to an ice cream machine and turn on the machine. We used this machine from Amazon to achieve the pictured result. Recommend letting the machine run for 35 minutes.
4. Grind the raw pistachios to a fine powder and add to the ice cream mixture
5. Once the ice cream machine has been running for ~30 minutes, add shopped pistachio baklava to the mixture
6. Once the ice cream is ready, top with pieces of pistachio baklava or with pistachios and enjoy
I hope you enjoy this treasure! It's one of our new favorite ice cream flavors. If you try this recipe, make sure to tag us on Instagram or Facebook @oea.bakery.