This fresh strawberry baklava ice cream is our new favorite ice cream! So fresh and light, with a bit of a crunch from the baklava bits. Super easy and magical, you won't want to buy ice cream after trying out this recipe!
1.5 cup freshly chopped strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
ICE CREAM BASE
3/4 cup whole milk
11/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1.5 pieces of Oea almond baklava
1. Make your strawberry mix by cutting strawberries and adding 1/4 cup sugar. You'll want to leave this in the fridge over night (or for at least 6 hours)
2. Begin making the ice cream by mixing the milk, sugar, and heavy whipping cream together
3. Add ice cream base and strawberry mix to an ice cream machine and turn on the machine. We used this machine from Amazon to achieve the pictured result. Recommend letting the machine run for 20 before proceeding to the next step
4. Add 1 piece of chopped almond baklava
5. Let the ice cream machine run until for another 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens
6. Scoop the ice cream and top with fresh strawberries and baklava bits
Enjoy this treasure! If you try this recipe, make sure to tag us on Instagram or Facebook @oea.bakery.