These flourless almond cookies are so light, gooey, nutty, and absolutely delicious. They pair well with Arabic tae, coffee, or Rosata a Libyan almond milk drink, which I will be sharing the recipe for next.
Before diving into the full recipe, let me cover the origins of this recipe - this recipe was likely inspired by the Italian almond Amaretti cookie. This recipe was likely passed down during the Italian colonization from 1911 to 1943.
Photo by Qasim Tantoush
Ok let's dive into this recipe.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp butter
- (Optional) 1 drop of almond extract
- Blanched almond for decoration
- Mix all dry ingredients (almond flour and sugar)
- Add egg whites and butter
- Add a few drops of almond flavoring (optional) and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Start shaping the cookie like so:
- Flatten the cookie and dab the cookie with a little bit of water. This will help with creating beautiful cracks/crests in the cookie
- Top with a blanched almond
- Bake at 350 degrees F for a total of 20 minutes. 10 minutes broil at 350 degrees and bake for another 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Enjoy with tea or with Libyan Rosata or tea
I hope you found this helpful. As always, feel free to reach out with any questions at email@example.com. :)
Recipe by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJZczAv2LM8&t=372s